Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Juniper


Pattie said of her antiques stall, which was open from 1968-69: "Jenny and I took a stall in the antiques market in the King's Road, and specialized in art nouveau. We called it Juniper -because of "Jennifer Juniper"- and ran it for about a year. Jenny looked after the stall and I did the buying. I drove all over the country finding objects d'art, including a set of Fabergé menu holders, paintings, and knickknacks of the period. John Jesse, who was married to Mick Fleetwood's sister, introduced me to art nouveau at a time when few people prized it and I could buy it quite cheaply; the jewelry was recognizable and we knew that if it had a signature it was more valuable. Our stall was next door to an antiquarian bookseller. We didn't make much money because we didn't charge enough. I was always so pleased when someone liked what I had bought that I would almost give it away."





I have a feeling these photos are kinda rare, and they all seem to be from the same occasion. I wish I could find more! One cool thing I did notice is the poster on the back wall, Alphonse Mucha's Bières de la Meuse. Here it is in glorious color and high quality:


(Store photos from the wonderful Yahoo group, Something About Pattie Boyd, submitted by Lynn Mayes.)

1 comment:

JessM said...

WOW! These photos are amazing! I remember reading about this when I read Wonderful Tonight of course. It's so cool to see pictures of their stall. Ahhh to have been able to shop there:)