Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jackie Kennedy

Surprisingly, not all of my obsessions have a basis in the Beatles... I also LOVE all things Kennedy, particularly Jackie! Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was first lady to JFK until 1963, then married Aristotle Onassis in 1968 until 1975. She was a style icon throughout my favorite decade (60s!) and then a book editor. The trends she popularized in the early 60s were A-line skirts, big ROUND glasses, designer Oleg Cassini, and of course, the pillbox hat! Here are some pictures of this unique, graceful lady:



Wedding Day










P.S.
I saw a commercial for a Kennedy home video special on TLC set to a cover of the Beatles song, "In My Life." I nearly died. That's why I got the idea to blog this, actually... I guess all my posts ARE rooted in Beatles.

No comments: