Friday, June 24, 2011

Top Ten Award

 I've gotta thank the fabulous, not to mention gorgeous, Alexis of Dolly Rocker Girl for giving me the Top Ten Award! (If you aren't following her blog already, make sure to go check it out NOW! Nothing but pure unadulterated retro amazingness over there.)

Here's what the award entails:
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their blog
- Put the Top 10 Award logo on your blog (here's the original size)

















- List your top ten favorite cosmetics
- Choose ten bloggers to tag, link to their blogs, and let them know about their award!

I'll admit, I am no glamor girl (in fact at the moment I am not wearing a bit of makeup as it is summer and I have a terrible sunburn). But my mother has bred a great love and appreciation of Sephora and Ulta in me, so I'm no stranger to makeup. Here's my top ten (I'm sure you're at the edge of your seat):


1. Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder in Natural Ivory - Sometimes it's the only makeup I wear.

2. Palladio Baked Eye Shadow Trios in The Blues - Usually blue shadow on blue eyes is frowned upon. What can I say, I'm a rebel.

3. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Katie - I love the feel of this stuff! I also usually use a nude/light color for lips if I'm gonna use eye makeup. This adorable little German makeover-expert lady showed it to me once and I was hooked.

4. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Dark Brown - Classic mascara, and I use brown because I have light coloration.

5. John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme - My friend gave me some once. Actually, I stole it... :) The stuff is seriously magical!

6. Ulta Pressed Mineral Blush in Tulip - What can I say, I'm a sucker for minerals.

7. Ulta Eye Liner Pencil in Deep Brown - Again, I've gotta use brown eye makeup as opposed to black. I have a love/hate relationship with liner, but a regular brown pencil is my go-to.

8. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Orange Ginger Energy Lotion - I've loved this stuff for a few years. It's definitely my favorite B&BW scent!

9. Buddha Balm in Mandarin Orange Ginger - I'm proud to say that I discovered this fabulous lip balm in my old hometown's "hippie dippy" store. This flavor kinda reminds me of a Creamsicle, and the packaging and name are WAY more interesting than your generic Chapstick.

10. Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne - My current 'signature scent'. Unfortunately, it doesn't transform me into a glam leather-clad Kate Moss...

And the award goes to:

Jordan at Randomly Outgoing
Molly at Molly's Fancytastic Blog (cosmetics include perfume and stuff, y'know!)
Chrissie at Here, There, and Everywhere
Tonya at The Moptop
Dolly the Bird at The Knack... And How To Get It
Dizzy Miss Lizzy at And Your Cowboy Mouth
Naivebones at I'll Be Your Cannonball
Molly at You Know It's Cool (HA!)
Rhiannon at Ashen Lady
Leticia at Lovely Bohemia

1 comment:

Alexis said...

You are so sweet!!
PS I really want to try Parisienne. Partially to do with the Kate Moss element, but also because I really want to be French