Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Fabulous Foursome

"Love me do..."


THE BEATLES. It's impossible for me to say enough about them. The core Beatles (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr) were in the band by 1962, after going through name and lineup changes and a mythical string of performances in Germany. They had fans throughout Britain when, in '64, they took America by storm and were solidified as the world's greatest band throughout the sixties. They led a youth revolution, in music, fashion, and politics. From popularizing the word "yeah" to telling the world that "all you need is love", the Beatles were the ultimate super stars. Like many others, they were swept up into the counter-cultural storm of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll that was the sixties. The difference was, however, that the Beatles led the scene, and controlled the charts. There are several distinct Beatle music phases, ranging from rock 'n' roll to folk to psychedelic to "roots". All fits under the umbrella term "beatlesque". In 1969, though, things began to unravel. Each of the boys were married and got increasingly annoyed with one another, not to mention taking different musical directions. They broke up (officially) in 1970, but continued solo careers, John on a peace crusade, Paul defying and defining pop, George bringing spirituality to the masses, and Ringo to his own spotlight.




































































































..."And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."


(All photos are my scans from Eight Days A Week, 50 Fab Years, Beatles: Illustrated Biography, Remembering John Lennon, and Beatles: 100 Greatest Songs. PLEASE credit if you re-post!)

I think it's needless to say that the Beatles are my favorite band. It's something that has almost become an inseparable part of my personality. People automatically associate me with them, a token Beatle girl. I kinda like it. If you haven't heard to them yet (and if you're looking at my blog, chances are you are somewhat of a fan too) I strongly encourage you to pick up the compilation album 1 and have a listen.

22 comments:

Jimio said...

Fantastic Pics!

beatlebuddy said...

Hi, i just wanted to say that i LOVE your blog. your someone i really relate to. your views of the past are also very profound and i like the way you write. my friend showed me your blog and i was blwn away. hope you check out mine sometime if you can. i blog about the beatles. sometimes, i think i know to much.
Peace and love,
Beatlebuddy

Kaitlyn said...

Beatlebuddy – Thank you so much for all of your wonderful compliments! Whoa, a friend of yours showed you my blog? Wow. Let's just say I'm flattered! There's no such thing as too much Beatle–blogging, at least to my mind. :) I did check out your blog, it's pretty fab, keep up that great Beatleyness! (Yes, I just made that word up.) Peace and love to you also!

beatlebuddy said...

Kaitlyn- My friend Chrisse showed me your blog. she has one to. in fact, i believe that you follow her. its called here there and eveyewhere. She and i are good friends.
thax for the reply,
Beatlebuddy
Ps: have you read pattie boyds autobiography "wonderful tonight?" it is a facinating look into the 60s :D

Kaitlyn said...

Oh yes, Chrissie!! I do follow her, she has a fab blog as well. She seems really cool. It's so great that you have a friend interested in the sixties too, lucky! Most of mine are quite indifferent to the amazingness that IS the sixties, haha. And I have read Pattie's book, it really is interesting and quite amazing... I adore Pattie, of course, so I basically eat up anything having to do with her. :)
I love replying, 'tis my pleasure. :)

beatlebuddy said...

chrisse is one of those peolpe who know like every band name and musciacian from back then. I have only grown up with the beatles as my main source of joy. then i found the wonder of music from back then and ever since then i am on a mission to find out more.im just startin my research on eric clapton. he is one of my musical inspirations.
keep on rock'n,
Beatlebuddy

Kaitlyn said...

A mission!! That sounds so adventurous and romantic. It's great to discover all these amazing artists. I've grown up with basically no prior 'boomer' knowledge, so to speak, and had to find all this stuff out myself. My parents are eighties and country folks, SO anti-sixties! It's awesome that you're on an Eric Clapton quest, he's one of my favorites too. :) You should check out his autobiography, if ya haven't already!

beatlebuddy said...

Thx i will. sounds good. i love reading. especialy books about music. they inspire me even more to be a rock star. ive seen a couple of music special on tv that tell me abit about muscians. now i mostly only know names. now i just need to find the facts
sill on that mission,
Beatlebuddy

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin, i think you and i would be great friends!! We share the same intrests and everything. I was shocked to learn that you and I love the exact same things. please, write back.

Kaitlyn said...

That's awesome!! I'd love to talk, you can email me at contactbornlate@gmail.com :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to spell your name wrong!

Kaitlyn said...

Oh, it's alright, you spelled it better than most. :)

Anonymous said...

If your not busy, i would really enjoy having a conversation right now. I have a few questions if you don't mind

Anonymous said...

Just get back to me when you get the time. Im always on your blog anyway:)

Kaitlyn said...

Yes, email me anytime! I'll get back to you, don't worry. :)

Anonymous said...

Alright thanks. by the way, how old are you??

Kaitlyn said...

Old enough. Don't really feel comfortable just laying it out here. :)

Anonymous said...

Alright. Yeah, thats fine. Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

Kaitlyn said...

Nah I'm fine. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, i was wondering if you knew where i could find pattie boyd's autobiography?

Kaitlyn said...

I've seen it in a lot of major chain bookstores, or you can order it cheaper on a website like Amazon. It's a wonderful book!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. You've been very helpful. I will be emailing you soon:)